This is for the information of the students that
RAGGING IS COGNIZABLE OFFENCE AND IS BANNED IN ANY FORM INSIDE & OUTSIDE THE CAMPUS
|Ingredients/forms of Ragging|
Forms of Ragging
Display of noisy, disorderly conduct, teasing, excitement by rough or rude treatment or handling, including rowdy, undisciplined activities which cause or likely to cause annoyance, undue hardship, physical or psychological harm or raise apprehensive fear in a fresher, or asking the students to do any act or perform something which such a student will not do in the ordinary course and which causes him/her shame or embarrassment or danger to his/her life, etc.
Punishment for Participation in/or Abetment of Ragging
1. Cancellation of admission.
2. Suspension from attending classes.
3. Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits.
4. Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process.
5. Withholding results.
6. Debarring from representing the institution in any national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
7. Suspension/expulsion from the hostel.
8. Rustication from the institution for periods varying from 1 to 4 semesters or equivalent period.
9. Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution.
10 Fine up to Rs. 25,000/-
Affidavit by students and parents
Each student and his/her parents/ guardian shall have to furnish an affidavit alongwith the application form to the effect that they will not participate in or abet the act of ragging and that, if found guilty, shall be liable for punishment under the penal law of India.
Student becoming a victim of ragging should immediately inform to the concerned Authority as the case may be besides contacting on Helpline nos. given below.
National Anti Ragging Help Line (UGC Crisis Hotline)
24×7 Toll Free Number 1800-180-5522
University Grant Commission (UGC)
Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi
Phone No.-: 23232701/23236735/ 23239437
National Anti-Ragging Helpline
Phone No :- 18001805522