INTRODUCTION TO THE COURSE
Information Technology covers a broad spectrum of hardware and software solutions that enable organizations to gather, organize, and analyze data that helps them achieve their goals. The Department of Computer Applications (BCA, MCA) provides a creative learning environment where the development of computer programming skills, concept and values are the primary methodologies.
Students are trained in the fields of Systems Designing, Application Software Development, Enterprise Resource Planning, Computer Networks, System Administration, Web Designing and Development, Database Administration, Parallel and Vector Processing, Data Mining and Warehousing etc.
- Computer Systems Analyst.
- Cloud Specialist
- Computer Forensic Investigator.
- Health IT Specialist
- Database Administrator
- Web Developer
- IT Manager
- Information Technology Vendor Manager
- Computer Systems Administrator.
- Mobile Application Developer.
Admission to this course starts in the month of May Every year.
For Regular MCA, BCA the duration of course is 3 years. The course is divided into 6 Semesters.
For Lateral entry MCA, BCA the duration of course is 2 Years. The course is start from 3rd semester and has 4 semesters.
This course is affiliated with Punjab technical University, Kapurthala and is approved by AICTE, New Delhi.
All those candidates who have passed any recognized Bachelor’s degree of minimum three years duration with Mathematics at 10+2 level or at Graduated Level. Obtained at least 50% (45% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category) at the qualifying Examination.
MCA 2nd Year (Lateral Entry): It is a Post Graduate Programme of 2 years duration (4 semesters) Eligibility: All those candidates who have passed recognized Bachelor’s degree of minimum three years duration in BCA, B.Sc. (IT/Computer Science) with Mathematics as a course at 10+2 level or at Graduation level. Obtained at least 50% (45% in case of Candidates belonging to reserved category) at the qualifying examination.
University examinations are taken twice every year as per following schedule.
Odd Semester November and December (Every year)
Even Semester April and May (Every year)
MCA- Course Detail
- Theory Fundamentals of Computer and Programming in Python
- Operating System
- Relational Database Management System
- Technical Communication
- Fundamentals of Computer and Programming in Python Laboratory
- Relational Database Management System Laboratory
- Technical Communication Laboratory
- Web Technologies
- Computer Networks
- Object Oriented Programming using C++
- Software Engineering
- Data Structures
- Web Technologies Laboratory
- Object Oriented Programming using C++ Laboratory
- Data Structures Laboratory